Friday, April 1, 2011

Fuck you, Rep. Eric Turner

Twenty some odd years ago I came across Benjamin Hoff's books The Tao of Pooh and The Te of Piglet. Despite my appreciation for the lessons within, at no point was I compelled to become a Taoist. I'm an idiot and was even more so twenty some odd years ago. Shame really. Could have done me and everyone I dealt with for that matter a world of good.

Two months ago when Wisconsin's governing asshole declared war on Union Laborers, Teachers, and the Middle Class and the assholes of the 112th Congress declared war on Women with talks of new definitions of Rape and defunding Planned Parenthood, I grabbed my library card hoping a second go with Pooh and Piglet would help me find some way to Calm the Fuck Down.

But today I find myself in a pissy mood. A really, truly, very pissy mood, and generally, I don't have pissy moods (although those who think they know me will argue this.) Assholes are making it difficult to apply the Wisdom in these books. What is the point of burdening and ruining others' lives? What makes a person so awful that his goal is to destroy another?

So. State Rep. Eric Turner, (R) from Indiana wants to make abortion illegal and insists that an exception for victims of rape or incest would create a loophole for other women seeking abortions to "simply say that they've been raped or there's incest." Is this something that is Ever Simply Said? Hey, Asshole. If you can't be a human being, at least try to imitate one. You're in office.

Clearly, I am no Taoist. I would love the strength to react to life's difficulties the way a stream reacts to the rocks and curves in its path.  I yearn to be the Vinegar Taster who looks up from his spoon and smiles (google it.) I too want to flow like water, reflect like a mirror, and respond like an echo. But much as I strive to become someone much, much better than I am, I fail to find the Taoist teaching that shows me how to deal with assholes. Perhaps it is there, but I am not fucking seeing it.

I am not finding The Way at all.

So to Eric Turner and the rest of the GOP - Fuck You.



You are the result of 4 billion years of evolutionary success. 
Fucking act like it...

No comments:

Post a Comment