Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Free Locations are Never Really Free.

...So I was working on this low budget film that had a scene involving the lead stopping at a gas station to buy condoms. It sounds simple enough, but the gas station we'd be filming at didn't sell any. If the camera wanted to show our guy staring at a wall with assorted brands, I'd have to come to set with more than just one box.

So Art Department, me and another woman, stopped at Target for an Igloo Cooler for the beer drinking scene, batteries and film for the continuity Polaroid, and a butt load of assorted condoms for the gas station. I've bought many unusual things in my career and got over being shy about any of it, but this particular grouping of items was a special blend of humor I didn't see coming until the cashier interrupted our conversation to say, "That's some picnic you're having."

I hope we made her day, and I hope she still tells the story.

Sexy Eiffel Tower


Someday, we'll look back at this, laugh, 
and nervously change the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment