Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I'm Unfriending Kansas.

As if I didn't have enough things to worry about and deal with in my own personal life, I have to read that Kansas Rep. Pete DeGraaf thinks that being impregnated during rape is like getting a flat tire. Really, Kansas? You voted for this guy? Fuck a bunch of that. I have no choice but to have less respect for you than I already did.

Last week Kansas approved a ban on insurance companies offering abortion coverage as part of their general health plans. When discussing whether or not rape pregnancies should be covered DeGraaf's response was, "We do need to plan ahead, don't we, in life?... I have a spare tire on my car ... I also have life insurance... I have a lot of things that I plan ahead for."

My email to him was a lot more civilized than the thoughts running through my head: That someone in office should have the compassion and intelligence to understand that rape can't be fixed like a flat tire, that a pregnancy resulting from rape can't be prepared for the way one keeps a spare tire handy, and that a politician who believes it can should be anally raped and infected with herpes and HIV then asked how his spare tire worked out. That would be justice for all the women he just screwed.


DeGraaf's Web site
His office number 785-296-7693
His home phone as 316-777-0715
Home address 1545 E. 119th St. Mulvane, KS
His e-mail pete.degraaf@house.ks.gov

Nimrod's Son


You are the result of 4 billion years of evolutionary success.
Fucking act like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment