Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My 'Go To' Warm, Happy Place.

I'm standing in line waiting for a coffee and glance outside. There is a man leaning against a bike rack talking on a cell phone with one hand and casually petting his dog with his other. He finishes his conversation, gives the grateful thing his full attention and a final bit of love, and runs into a nearby store.

Moments later I see the dog excitedly jumping around as he spots something - a man he clearly knows is approaching him. As this second man unties the dog from the bike stand through frantic kisses to his face, I realize this is the dog's actual owner. They walk away, and he has no idea that a good samaritan loved his dog for a few minutes, but I'm glad I witnessed it.

Somersault



You feed other people's parking meters.



No comments:

Post a Comment